Advantages & benefit of metal braces:
- Can be adapted for any type of corrections.
- Can be combined with additional functional appliances.
- Have a very long track record (evidence-based medicine).
Disadvantages of metal brackets.
- They are visible.
- Require rigorous maintenance since they are stuck to the teeth for the entire treatment period.
- If maintenance is poor, can lead to demineralization of the tooth at times.
- The non-self-ligating variety of requires regular check-ups.
- Eating habits will have to be modified.
Delhi Dental Center, has invisible alternative dental braces treatment options as well – ceramic braces, lingual braces, Invisible braces, tooth coloured clear braces and Aligners.
Pay in Easy Monthly installments
Ceramic braces Vs. traditional braces: what’s the difference?
Traditional metal braces are very noticeable when you smile, laugh, or talk. This can make people feel very self-conscious. Those feelings can be even greater if you have an important event coming up, like a job interview or a wedding. Ceramic braces are meant to be less noticeable, and so a good alternative to more traditional braces.
Ceramic braces have brackets made of ceramic or porcelain, or in some cases plastic. The brackets can be clear or else coloured to be the same colour as of your teeth. Thus, they usually blend in with your teeth much better than metal braces.
It used to be that only the brackets for these braces were ceramic, while the wire itself was made of metal. These days’ tooth coloured clear wires are available as well, making these braces even less visible.
Today every adult & working professional who is looking to have dental braces treatment for himself is keen to have a beautiful smile without getting noticed, increasing dental awareness and high-profile job demands have made room for a new smaller more convenient metal brace.