Post-Care Instructions After Dental Implant Treatment Procedure
Post care instructions after dental implant treatment procedure are very important after getting an implant and they must be followed religiously.
- Only liquid foods may be consumed during the first day after dental implant surgery in order to avoid inadvertent food particles contaminating the wound and semi-liquid (Mashed) food added during the rest of the week.
- Avoid eating or drinking anything very hot or cold during the first day after the operation.
- Moderate post-operative swelling is a normal reaction. However, if you have excessive swelling, severe pain or persistent bleeding please contact your dental implant clinic.
- Use antiseptic mouth wash and rinse gently after each meal as directed.
- Smoking and consumption of alcoholic beverages should be avoided for at least a weeks’ time after tooth implant placement.
- Old dentures may not be worn until adjustments have been made. Early insertion of dentures may delay or affect healing.
- Avoid putting heavy pressure around the implant site during healing period.