Taking care of the Gauze piece after dental implant placement.
- A gauze pack is normally given to you that is applied on the surgical site(s) to limit bleeding while clotting takes place.
- The gauze packs should be left in place for about 30 minutes after the implant surgery.
- Bite down softly on the gauze, making sure they remain in place.
- Continue to change the gauze packs every 30 minutes if there is continuous bleeding.
- To replace gauze, fold a clean piece into a pad thick enough to bite on.
- Bleeding should never be severe. If the bleeding does not stop, please do contact us at Delhi Dental Center at – 011 – 22544207 or at our mobile no. – 9968288257.
Taking care of the Ice-pack after dental implant placement.
- Place ice packs or a cold compress for a period of half hour to the face over the surgery site to reduce any chances of swelling.
- Apply 30 minutes on and 30 minutes off.
- When lying down, elevate the head with an extra pillow during the first 2 nights after surgery to reduce swelling.
Taking care of the numbness after dental implant surgery procedure.
- The length of time whereby the numbness wears off will be dependent on the type and amount of anesthetic given.
- While mouth is numb, be careful not to bite on your cheek, lip or tongue.
- The numbness will subside within a few hours.
- Tablets for pain relief should be taken at time and according to any given instructions by Delhi Dental Implant Center.
- If pain persists, please contact us at our Dental Implant clinic in Delhi.