How to take care of after Dental Implant Surgery?
Taking care of your Oral hygiene after dental implants.
- Begin your normal oral hygiene routine as soon as possible on day 2 or 3 after surgery.
- Soreness and swelling may not permit vigorous brushing of all areas, but do make every effort to clean your teeth within the bounds of comfort.
- Do regular twice a day brushing with soft tooth brush, using gentle strokes.
- Use a mouthwash regularly after every meal to maintain cleanliness.
Food to take after dental implants.
- After surgery, eat nourishing semi-liquids food for first few days that can be eaten comfortably.
- Avoid extremely hot foods and liquid.
- Soft foods during the first 6 days is recommended in to avoiding food particles from contaminating the implant surgery site.
- After each meal, rinsed thoroughly with warm saline solution, half a teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water, or mouthwash containing chlor-hexidine.
Taking care of the Gauze piece after dental implant placement.
- A gauze pack is normally given to you that is applied on the surgical site(s) to limit bleeding while clotting takes place.
- The gauze packs should be left in place for about 30 minutes after the implant surgery.
- Bite down softly on the gauze, making sure they remain in place.
- Continue to change the gauze packs every 30 minutes if there is continuous bleeding.
- To replace gauze, fold a clean piece into a pad thick enough to bite on.
- Bleeding should never be severe. If the bleeding does not stop, please do contact us at Delhi Dental Center at – 011 – 22544207 or at our mobile no. – 9968288257.
Taking care of the Ice-pack after dental implant placement.
- Place ice packs or a cold compress for a period of half hour to the face over the surgery site to reduce any chances of swelling.
- Apply 30 minutes on and 30 minutes off.
- When lying down, elevate the head with an extra pillow during the first 2 nights after surgery to reduce swelling.
Taking care of the numbness after dental implant surgery procedure.
- The length of time whereby the numbness wears off will be dependent on the type and amount of anesthetic given.
- While mouth is numb, be careful not to bite on your cheek, lip or tongue.
- The numbness will subside within a few hours.
- Tablets for pain relief should be taken at time and according to any given instructions by Delhi Dental Implant Center.
- If pain persists, please contact us at our Dental Implant clinic in Delhi.
How to rinse after dental implant surgery.
- The mouth should be thoroughly rinsed with warm saline solution or mouthwash containing chlor-hexidine after each meal to reduce the chance of infection.
- Place the solution in your mouth and gently rotate your head from side to side.
- Do not swish aggressively or forcefully.
- Complete the course of antibiotics as prescribed according to the given instructions.
- After an implant placement, a blood clot forms in the surgical area that is a normal part of the healing process.
- Avoid activities that might disturb the surgical area.
- Do not rinse your mouth vigorously or probe the area with any objects or your fingers.
- Do not smoke or drink through a straw for 72 hours following your surgery as these activities create suction in the mouth, which could dislodge the clot and delay healing.
- Drink some fluids or use a wet washcloth and wipe your tongue, but please stay away from the surgical area.
- Avoid strenuous activity for the first 24 hours after your procedure. This will reduce bleeding and help the blood clot to form.
- Apply Vaseline or lanolin to the lips for the first two days to prevent lips from drying or cracking.
View our Cases
Reviews from our patients
FAQ’s for Dental Implants